Reporting to the Director of Academics; AWO assists with the management of the academic aspects of the institute, acts as an advocate for the institute’s academic programs, and presents a positive image of the programmes and the institute to both internal and external stakeholders.
The role of the Academic Officer is also to provide administrative support to the Institute’s academic department, ensuring that high standards of quality and service are maintained. This role requires close liaison with the Director of Academics and Programme Leaders for the various courses on offer.
The position is responsible for carrying out, in part or in whole, institute functions in a very wide range of areas:
- Applicant liaison,
- Course timetabling and scheduling,
- Student records and advisement systems,
- Student welfare,
- Teaching staff coordination,
- Academic measurement and evaluation,
- Grade report assessment,
- Academic advising,
- Statistical analysis and tracking
- Academic reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A good standard of education, at least a degree in Educational Psychology OR Education Administration OR Business Administration, OR Educational Guidance & Counselling OR equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ Administrative experience involving computer-based records keeping, preferably in a tertiary learning environment.
- Excellent IT skills; the successful candidate must be highly proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel and must be able to adapt quickly to new and bespoke systems.
- Experience working with a learning management system (LMS) will be an added advantage
- Experience of maintaining databases.
- Experience of supporting student administration will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and deadline – oriented
- Capable of working well under pressure
- Willingness to work flexibly when required
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Methodical working style
- Ethical behaviour
Applications should be submitted not later than July 31st, 2020 and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Botswana Institute of Banking & Finance
Private Bag 00404, Gaborone
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (+267) 3952493
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tel: (+267) 3952493
Fax: (+267) 3971469
Plot 54354 ,Central Square
2nd Floor, Unit 201, CBD Gaborone, Botswana